Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Christmas in September

Thanks to my crafty mama and handy daddy, we've got some new things around the house.





This past weekend, my parents dropped by on their way home from the States. As usual, they bring lots of gifts even though I've asked them so many times and in so many ways not to buy us anything. I guess when you're a first time grandparent, you really just want to spoil the wee bub. I can get that. I just hate the never-ending clothes washing/organizing for Edie.

On top of the retail purchases, my parents also spoil us frequently with homemade goodies. Even when they're here, my mom always has at least one project in her hands, and my dad gets all jittery if he's not putting something up or repairing something around our house. I have them to thank for passing down the crafting/patching gene.

We always have a good time together, but this weekend was extra fun because my mom and I got to work on some projects together. By together, I mean I show her a picture of something I want and lock her in the sweat shop until she completes the project. I eventually whipped up some super easy doohickies, simply because my mom's constant crafting was too inspiring!

I love that I still need my parents to help me out. Dad, do I use this hook with this cap? Mom, how do I make a cover to un-uglify this pillow? So often as a grown up, I feel like I have so much to show my parents and tell them how to better their lives, so I really cherish these moments when I'm dependent on them instead. And you know what, I think they still love teaching their little girl how to do something new. Sure, they're awesome because they work hard to create with their own hands, but what really stands out for me is that they're never condescending with me, not even when I ask a super simple question that I should know the answer to. I hope I can be that patient with Edie when she starts asking me to help her out!

P.S. The finger puppets on the mobile are there temporarily only. Kel says they look like dead animals, hahaha!



No comments:

Post a Comment