Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 to 2012

On the second day of the new year, I'm at home sorting all the gifts we received for baby Chan. We've been blessed with loads of new things as well as hand-me-downs. It's actually overwhelming as I look at the teeny tiny pieces that make up the mounds of onesies, bibs, blankets, etc.

We are so loved, oh my! I'm having a hard time processing how much she is loved, not just by our families, but by our friends and coworkers, who have yet to meet her.

We spent Christmas in Toronto. My schedule was totally cut down this time and I only put in one or two to-dos a day. I was worried since I wouldn't be able to see as many people as other visits, but it worked out well since I wasn't over-tired and people were extra understanding of my "condition". My poor sister could not get over how slow and tired I was, hehe.

As I reflect about the short but sweet time we spent with family and friends over Christmas, this old hymn comes to mind. For the Beauty of the Earth by Folliott S. Pierpoint:

"For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise."


For more Christmas 2011 photos, click on our family photo below!

No comments:

Post a Comment