Firstly I have to say driving (better yet, sitting next to the driver) in the Fall is amazing. We opted for the slightly longer but more scenic route, curving along the edge of Lake Ontario. What surprised me was the different types of fields, one right next to another. Lush green alternating with corn fields, one covered with wildflowers, and yet another filled with bare trees. I also realized how magnificent my eyes are compared with my camera equipment. The photos are nowhere close to the actual depth and the intricate subtlety in colours we saw.
I was impressed with The County's use of technology. Their tourism site has set up different types of interactive maps on google maps. I know, it's not rocket science, but it's pretty sweet that someone else has already done the work for me! One restaurant had its own app, and many of the little stores were using laptops as opposed to cash registers.
Food was great. Not great for a small town, but just plain great. Will expand further in the next post (here), but my tummy was happy on this trip. Happy tummy = Happy Jenny.
To conclude I will borrow K's saying: "Good food, great company, awesome trip!". So corny but true.
These photos have not been edited. The leaves and the clouds are really that crazy.







awww looks like you two had a lovely weekend. Did Kel have a good time? Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete