This week my challenge has been the physical kind. After getting over my cold I feel much better and happy to be able to smother Edie with kisses, but she's also waking up 2-3 times a night, so keeping up with a mobile and somewhat cranky baby isn't the most fun.
New thing I've enjoyed this week: holding Edie a bit longer after she dozes off at nap time. I have to pop her in the crib or else the nap will only be 20min, but just staring at her for a bit longer makes me so happy (I'm tearing as I type this, hahaha).
I have a tendency to get sarcastic, ok border line bitter, when things get tough. Motherhood is definitely one of those things that get tough. Here's a perfectly good example of how a mother keeps it real without the unnecessary cynicism. Bravo for the author's honesty and apt analogies. Glennon Melton: Don't Carpe Diem
No comments:
Post a Comment