Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dragging my Feet

I know I have much more time and energy than before, but there are so many nights when I just don't want to tackle any of my to-dos, not even the half finished projects that I once looked forward to. It's a conflicting situation when I usually find contentment in creating things. Is this a mom thing? A mid-life thing? Or just laziness?

More importantly, how do I get out of this funk?

Looking for your thoughts and suggestions. Now don't all jump at once(!), the two people who read this blog.





6 comments:

  1. Pick the easiest and most straight fwd project first and "Just Do It"... probably the hardest part is to get started. Once you've completed a few then the final product will motivate you to tackle harder ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah dude. Just do it and you'll get out of that funk. Same goes for those workouts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i guess more than two people read your blog:P i agree. do things one at a time and you'll find you'll pick it up again and even if you don't, there WILL be a time when you will. perhaps it's not now, perhaps later, just give it time my dear. miss you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the above and a hearty seconding of winnay's motion on workouts -- we can do it together :) ! On a practical note, if you haven't done so already, I always find that making a tangible list of to-do's helps clear my head and bring back focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, thanks for your hearty feedback. I whined and complained all the way from the top floor of the house down to the dungeon (storage room that holds the craft supplies), and whined and complained some more during the first hour of prepping of the project. But as the night went on, I did whine a little less and felt the massive weight slowly lifting off my shoulders. Slowly getting into the game...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I'm in a funk, it helps to find some new inspiration (*ahem* pinterest, blogs, magazines etc.) and start a NEW but simple project before revisiting the old ones. The momentum of finishing a project will push you to also complete the old ones.

    ReplyDelete