Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stuck in my Ear

I feel like as I (and my immediate circle) get older, we obsess less, MUCH less (do people in their 30s care?) about our favourite bands/singers. But I have to say that when I hear a new album or live show announcement from Mother Mother, I get super giddy and listen to the same tracks on infinite loop. I really admire their craft. They are Canadian, they are original and their music is AWESOME! I wish they were playing at Stanley Park in June instead ;-)

Check out more of Mother Mother here.

Mother Mother - The Stand from Last Gang Records on Vimeo.


The week has passed by so much faster with my headphones stuck in my ears. I am not exaggerating here; when I have a bad day at work, the more I try to not get stressed/angry/whatever other crappy emotions, the stronger that feeling gets. But when I put on music I love, I won't snap immediately into happy happy joy joy mode and forget everything, but somehow I feel encouraged and the music lifts me away for a quick moment in bliss. I walk to the beat and smile creepily to myself, happy that something so good exists. THEN I can get back to my logical self and reason my way out.

1 comment:

  1. mother mother is a band I listen to way too frequently... why, they're playing right now! and come to think about it, it may have been YOU who introduced me to mother mother during a visit to ottawa a couple years ago

    ReplyDelete